What is Google Search Console Tool
Search Console is a free tool offered by Google that helps website owners monitor and maintain their site’s presence in Google Search results. It can be used to submit sitemaps and track keyword rankings, as well as to identify and fix issues with a website, such as crawling errors.
Use of Search Console
Additionally, it provides data on the number of clicks, impressions, and the average click-through rate for a website’s search listings, and it can be used to track the performance of specific pages on a website.
How to Integrate Google Search Console with the website?
To integrate Search Console with your website, you will need to verify ownership of the site in Search Console. Here are the basic steps to do this:
- Go to the Search Console website (https://search.google.com/search-console/) and sign in with your Google account.
- Click the “Add a property” button, and then enter the URL of your website.
- Select the “Recommended method” option, which is to add a unique HTML tag to your website’s homepage.
- Copy the HTML tag provided by Search Console, and then add it to the <head> section of your website’s homepage.
- Click the “Verify” button in Search Console, and if the verification is successful, your website will now be associated with your Search Console account.
- Once you have integrated search console with the site, you can use the tool to check for any crawling errors, submit sitemap and track your website’s performance in Google search.
Note: Search Console also provides other methods to verify ownership, such as adding a DNS record, using Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager, or uploading an HTML file to your website.
Leading Digital Marketing Training Institute in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. We are unique in providing the best quality training with hands on experience with live projects.