If you want to rank your website on google then you can’t ignore the importance of link building and you will need to put some solid strategy that will help you earn high quality links. In fact, links remain one of the top three most important ranking factor out there.
Whether you are a total SEO beginner and you are learning how to build links in you website for the first time or you have been doing it for years and just want to find some new tactics that are still working, then there are many approaches that you can take.
In this blog I will guide you to learn how to build links with the working techniques and strategies that are effective and that will help you to earn those top ranking positions of your website. So, lets get into the blog for more details.
Before I explain the techniques, lets understand-
What is Link Building?
Link building is the process of getting other websites to link to pages on your website to help them rank higher in Google search results.
And next we should know-
Why is link building important for SEO?
Link building is an important part of SEO because it helps search engines to discover new web pages, and determines how well a page should rank in the SERPs.
There are a few important aspects keep in mind when building links. You should know that all links are not created equal.
For example, a link from an authoritative website like the Neil Patel Post will have a greater impact on your rankings than a link from a small or newly-built site. You should only focus on earning links from websites with a higher domain authority than your site with a decent amount of backlinks.
Quick Overview on the types of Links
Inbound links, also known as backlinks. An inbound link is a link from another website to a page on your website.
If another website links to you, this is considered an external link to your site. Similarly, if you link out to another website, this is also considered an external link.
An internal link is a link from one page to another page on the same domain.
Types Of Backlinks
There are 2 types of backlinks :
Do Follow Links
A do follow link is a link that helps in terms of SEO by passing the authority of the origin site to the destination site. This passing of authority is called, “link juice” or “link”. Confirming do follow backlinks will help improve a website’s domain authority, or domain rating, which helps to improve your keyword ranking.
By default, links are do follow, so there is no need for rel=”dofollow” when linking to a website.
No Follow Links
A no follow link, is a link which does not pass authority on to the website it is linking to. These links do not help in terms of SEO.
To make a link nofollow, add rel=”nofollow” to the code when linking to a website.
Techniques Of Link Building
1. Article Submission
Article Submission refers to an off-page SEO technique in which you write an article and publish it on the third-party website. It is a method by which you write articles that are related to your business and add them to the famous article submission directories. The main purpose is to attract a huge number of visitors to your website with minimal time and money efforts.
Advantages Of Article Submission :
- Improves online visibility
- Getting traffic
- Generate new visitors
- building links for the website
Here I am sharing some free article submission sites :
2. Infographic Submission
These infographics are increasingly used on internet for purpose of sharing information and for link building purpose. With help of quality graphics and informative data you can create appealing infographic that is combination of creative graphics and interesting information.
Advantages Of Infographic Submission :
- Infographics can be included in websites more conveniently and able to convey complicated information in comprehensible way.
- Many people prefer to convey their point of view through simple presentations and this method is prove to be an effective way as being creative and informative is main aspects of success of these infographics.
- In the world of online marketing, infographics is considered as an effective function of SEO as it earns more incoming links and also enhance traction.
- Incorporate your brand logo with infographic can also prove to be valuable method for promotion purpose.
Here are some free infographics submission sites :
3. Video Submission
Video submission is one of the powerful techniques of off page Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It is strong process of link building. Online users are more interested in watching visual content that provide information about products and services and, therefore, video submission is a great way to optimize the business website in a smart way.
- Second biggest search engine
- More content in less time
- Most people like videos
- Most likely to get shared
Advantages Of Video Submission :
- Video SEO affords you the opportunity to spread your message across a larger audience through social networking.
- Video SEO has been a successful attempt at getting in the most valuable inbound links.
- You build your position as an expert in the field as a video gives a lot of details. Regular uploading of videos helps your position better.
- Creating and sharing videos is the easiest way to increase the traffic.
Here are some free video submission listing sites :
4. Social Bookmarking
Social bookmark submission is an off-page optimization activity that save information online, not on your device. That means you can access it anytime and anywhere with an internet connection.
Advantages Of Social Bookmarking :
Social bookmarking is an effective way to build your online presence. When you add social bookmarks to the web it helps search engines understand your site.
Here are some social bookmarking submission sites :
5. Classified Ad Listing
It is basically a process by which you can submit ads in classified submission sites. This is the method by which all the potential buyers and business people come to your website by clicking the link.
Advantages Of Classified Ad Listing :
- It helps the business to list in the local classified sites and thus promoting their business.
- It enhances your search engine rankings.
- It can bring traffic, visitors and leads to your business.
Here are some classified ad listing sites :
6. Pdf Submission
PDF submission is one of the methods of off-page SEO in which we share the PDF version of content or document for people or users. In a single line, when you upload or submit a pdf file on a website for SEO purpose to get traffic on your website or get a backlink to your website is called PDF submission.
Advantages Of Pdf Submission :
- Generate traffic from file sharing websites
- Link diversity
- Improve search engine traffic
- Pdf files are easy to create
Here are some pdf submission listing sites :
7. Image Submission
Image submission is an off-page activity which simply means to leave the images related to your content on the website and attract the audience towards it. This is getting popular day by day as it is a proven method of increasing the rank on the search results.
Advantages Of Image Submission :
- It helps in building reliable and useful backlinks for the website that can help you generate more number of customers.
- It is proven that visuals tend to create a better and long-lasting impact. A picture can say more than what a write-up can.
- This helps in connecting a brand with the image that portrays its features.
- This also helps in generating organic crowd on your website.
Here are some free image listing sites :
Quora is a place to gain and share knowledge. It’s a platform to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers.
Advantages Of Quora :
- Quora posts appear in search engine results
- Quora lets you stay on top of trends
- Quora lets you build thought leadership
9. Guest Blogging
Guest blogging, also called “guest posting,” is the act of writing content for another company’s website. Generally, guest bloggers write for similar blogs within their industry in order to: Attract traffic back to their website.
Advantages Of Guest Blogging :
Guest blogging is one of the best ways to increase traffic to your website. When you guest blog, you write content for other authority websites but ultimately reap the benefits for your own website. Backlinks from guest blog posts increases your website visibility. It makes guest blogging one of the most vital content marketing tools for your business.
Here are some free guest blogging sites :
- Social Media Examiner
- Business Insider
- Design Milk
- Smashing Magazine
10. PPT Submission
PPT submission means presenting your content on slides and as a presentation. PPT is a power point presentation here, you can present your data on slides and send them on PPT submission sites. This is usually a good format for sending content and for getting backlinks.
Advantages Of PPT Submission :
- It can make your website look more credible and trustworthy.
- Stuffing it with keywords can help in the SERP.
- This will make you look like a knowledgeable person.
- This is an excellent platform to make use of apprehensive skills.
Here are some ppt submission sites :
So, That’s all about this blog. If you like this blog then share your thoughts in the comment section and if I missed any information then do comment in the box I will update it. Thank you for your valuable time you spent in this article. Have a nice day!