Want to start a blog in 2022?
Whether as a hobby or profession, starting a blog is pretty easy. You can set it up in under 30 minutes.
Creating a website has gotten a lot easier and simpler thanks to platforms like WordPress ,Wix, Blogger. These platforms are designed to make sites easier for those who are not technically savvy. These are user friendly and you can create a simple blog to complex e-commerce websites within minutes.
Nowadays thousands of bloggers start a website without any technical skills and are earning good money from it. You can do it too!
Today, I want to give simple 10 easy steps through which you can, you can set up your blog and start earning money
1.Choose A Suitable Niche
Before you plan to develop a blog, you should decide your blog’s niche. Now a days there are millions of websites on the internet, we have to find our niche and target specific audience. You should consider three important factors before deciding your niche.
- You need to find such a niche for your blog that you are passionate about and really love to work on, so that you don’t get bored after few months.
- The niche should have good search volume in Google. Before starting your blog make sure to check the right keywords that the people are searching in your niche. You can use tools like Google Keyword Planner Tool, Google Trends etc. It also helps in increasing traffic in our website.
- Learn more about Keyword Research. How To Do Keyword Research In 2020 To Increase 200% Traffic Of Your Blog.
- Whether the niche is good from monetary point of view or not? You should choose a niche that gives good monetary returns.
- Due to high competition, find yourself a niche that has a low competition.
2.Choose a Blogging Platform
You will need to choose a good blogging platform for your blog. You can find many blogging platform on the internet like Wix, Blogger, WordPress and others. Out of all these the most user friendly is WordPress and it is the most popular blogging platform. It is used by thousands of bloggers around the world as it is free and it provides many useful features like Drag and Drop, Free Plugins, Large Varity of Themes etc.
3.Find Perfect Web Host and Domain Name
Web hosting is an online service that enables you to publish your website on the Internet. When you sign up for a web hosting service, you basically rent some space on a physical server where you can store all the files and data necessary for your website to work properly.
There are basically many web hosting websites out there but here are some trusted ones-
After getting your Web Host. Now you have to choose the Domain name/URL. It is a very important part for any blog. Choosing the “right” blog name depends on your niche, audience, products, and services . Domain name is permanent and can’t be changed so make sure you find the perfect one and register it. If confused you can use websites like
4. Install and Setup WordPress
After you’ve registered your Domain name and chosen your hosting package, the next thing you’ll want to do is install WordPress into your website. WordPress is an application that allows you to easily build websites and publish content online.
It is most popular platform used by bloggers and website designers all over the world because of the following reasons-
- WordPress is Free.
- It is Easy to Customize with Themes and Plugins.
- It is SEO Friendly.
- It is also more safe and secure than its counterparts.
5.Customize The Blog/Website
After successfully installing WordPress on your site, you can access your website with a very simple and default WordPress theme. But that theme will be not appealing to your readers. The Blog Design is one of the primary attention-grabbing parts of your Blog, if the design of your blog is not good, you could lose traffic and audience attention.
Therefore choose a good theme for your website from the thousands of themes available on WordPress and customize the theme according to your style . But try to make it more reader friendly.
6. Install The Essential Plugins
WordPress plugins are the tools that add additional features to your WordPress blog without writing any single code. These plugins are of very great use as it helps us to optimize our blog to a very great extend and make our work a lot easier. Here are list of some plugins that you can try in wordpress-
- Yoast SEO
- Easy Social Share Buttons
7. Now Its Time To Write Your First Blog
Yeah , now you are ready to post your first post. A blog website without any posts is useless. Go to the WordPress Admin panel and click on the new post. There write your first ever blog post.
You must have heard this “CONTENT IS THE KING”. Content writing is a very important part of your blog. Consistent, high-quality content writing is an incredible way to connect with your readers. Content also improves audience engagement and retention. Encouraging your audience to participate in your blog and delivering useful information will ensure your readers keep coming back for more. Content Writing Tips For Beginners To Gain More Traffic.
8. Do SEO To Rank On Google Search
SEO is the process of optimizing your online content so that a search engine likes to show it as a top result for searches of a certain keyword. It is the art of ranking high on a search engine .After writing your first post. Using the SEO plugin tools try to optimize your post to improve your ranking in google.10 Best SEO Tools(Free & Paid) For Your Website.
SEO is a significant part of your blog because it makes your website more visible, and that means more traffic and more earnings.It takes effort to get organic search visibility, rankings, and traffic. You can attain this by consistently creating optimized content. Top 11 SEO Tips For Beginners To Get More Traffic.
9– Promote Your Blog Using SMM(Social Media Marketing)
Social Media have become this huge part of internet. You just cant grow your blog without the help of social media . After optimization of your blog promote your post in different type of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc. PROMOTE!PROMOTE!!!PROMOTE!!!!
10– Now Earn Some Real Money Using These Methods
No matter which group you’re in, making money with a blog – whether it’s a hobby blog or a business blog –is possible. It’s not a get rich quick ordeal, but if you do it right, you could make enough to support your family and more.
Every Year thousands of bloggers are earning in millions from their blogs. You can be part be of that league too. You can earn money from your blog in many ways, some of them are-
- Advertisements – One of the most common ways bloggers make money is through placing ads on their site. The most popular network for placing these types of ads is Google AdSense. With this program, you do not need to be in direct contact with advertisers; you simply place the banner on your site, Google chooses ads relevant to your content, and your viewers click on the ads.
- Direct Advertisements – In this method , you can put direct advertisements of any company in your blog, without the help of any middleman like Google AdSense. This way your earnings will also increase because you don’t have to pay the commission fee to the middleman.
- Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing is also another great tool for monetizing your blog.
- An advertiser has a product she wants to sell. She agrees to give you a commission from each sale if the buyer is coming from your site.
- She gives you a unique link that tracks your affiliate code. That way, she knows when a buyer used your link to make a purchase.
- You include your affiliate link on your site. You can do this directly in the content or through banner ads. If a reader clicks on your unique link and buys the product you have recommended, you earn a percentage of what she purchased.
You can utilize affiliate marketing through ad networks like Amazon Associates, or you can create private partnerships with advertisers and businesses with an affiliate program.
- Sell Own Digital Products -If you would rather not advertise other people’s products on your site, or if you are looking for another stream of income, consider selling digital products. This can include items like : eBooks , online courses etc.
- Sponsored Posts– A sponsored blog post is a post that you’re paid to publish on your blog. You can write a post about some companies products in exchange for money, or a free product or service.
After completing all these 10 steps accurately, you are ready to run your own blog now. Its not that difficult right? If you get stuck somewhere and have some questions, feel free to comment down below. We would love to help you out. Welcome to the world of Blogging. ?